Somehow my summer has come and gone (seemingly, in the blink of an eye, I might say!).
You may remember my post last Friday about the five favorite memories I have from this summer. Today, I’m revisiting that summer bucket list that I made right after school ended in May. As usual, I had high goals for myself, and while it was a wonderful summer, I didn’t quite achieve all of them like I was hoping.
1. Go to Maine.
- Check! Little did I know that this would be my favorite trip I’ve ever taken! You can read about our time in Bar Harbor, Maine here.
2. Finish painting the exterior of our house and get some front door decor so it looks more inviting.
- Travis knocked this one out of the park by painting our entire house exterior this summer and installing our new windows. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect front door decor though.
3. Paint our upstairs guest bathroom.
- My mom and I tackled this one in just one afternoon. You can read about it here.
4. Strip and stain our guest bedroom furniture.
- So…this one was a fail. It was too hot most days for me to want to strip furniture so this is going onto my fall “to-do” list!
5. Be able to run 3 miles (and run more consistently).
- While I didn’t shoot for the moon like I’d hoped, I did run more frequently than before. I still have a ways to go. Maybe I just need to sign up for a 5K to motivate myself to get in gear?! 🙂
6. Have a garage sale.
- Our weekends seemed like they filled up fast so this one didn’t happen either. I’m now planning to either have a garage sale this fall or will wait until our annual neighborhood sale next spring.
7. Go boating at least twice.
- Remember how I said our weekends seemed to fill up? This one didn’t happen which makes me sad. Next year I’ll be more proactive about it since our house projects will be done then!
8. Work on decorating upstairs guest bedroom (art, pillows, nightstands).
- This is a work in progress! I still have some more that I want to do in our upstairs guest bedroom before I’m ready to share it, but I am happy with the progress! It’s so light and bright and cheery in there!
9. Blog every weekday.
- Wheh, finally one that I can say I achieved! When I started this blog a few months ago, my intention was honestly just to make myself write every day. Even if writing is a “talent” for someone, you still have to treat it like a skill and practice to hone it in. While these blog posts may be random, I really enjoy documenting fun moments in my life. As I start this next school year, I know that I will not be able to blog everyday (because #fulltimejob), but I’m hoping to post around 2-3 times per week! Stay tuned for more Middle School Mayhem posts!
10. Plant some succulents!
- I got so close to buying succulents probably ten times this summer, and I don’t know why I didn’t. Womp. Womp. There’s no excuse for that. 😦
Though I didn’t check off many of the items on my summer bucket list, I still had a blast this summer and made such good memories!
Now, onto the best season ever…Fall!!!
Have a super day!
Question of the Day: What is one thing you are proud of accomplishing this summer?