Today is a very special day for Travis and I. It’s our two-year anniversary!
Though we dated for over seven years before we got married, these two years of marriage have been my absolute favorite times together.
The real fun started after the wedding, and the trips we’ve taken together, along with the mundane details of everyday life have become my favorite, just being together.
I had a guy friend (who has no desire to ever get married) ask me last winter what is so great about getting married and what the purpose actually is.
I looked at him with a straight face and said, “Well, besides the tax benefits, umm…” 😉 Hahaha.
It’s that feeling of knowing that someone has your back and is always going to be on your side.
It’s that feeling of being connected to someone and together, you two are better than you are apart.
I feel so fortunate to have found my husband so early in my life because that means we get even more years to spend together! 🙂
Trav, I’m forever glad you said (oops…I mean typed) those three magical words to me: “ur pretty hot.” (Take a walk down memory lane and read that post with me. It’s a pretty entertaining story.)
Speaking of memory lane, here are some of my favorite pictures together from our relationship.
- Our first picture together. We look like babies (and let’s not even mention my hair- eek!) We were headed to Sabetha’s homecoming our junior year of high school.
- We thought it was so cool that we went to World’s of Fun with just us and another couple. We did the haunted houses there, and Travis got soaked on a couple rides. 🙂
- Ohhh, junior prom! Travis got to drive my aunt and uncle’s Porsche…and he basically knew no one at my prom. He was a trooper. 🙂
- And…senior prom! Talk about big hair! (By this year, he knew some more people so he held his own. 🙂 )
- I got Travis tickets to Schlitterbahn for his birthday. We rode the lazy river for probably four hours straight. (I also forgot to put sunscreen on my face and got major blisters, but let’s focus on the fun stuff. 🙂 )
- SO many good memories at Theta Xi. I’m so glad that Travis joined the house and made such good friends! It was our favorite party spot in college!
- Though this picture is highly unattractive, I’ve got no shame and it deserves to be on this list. Travis always had his cooler (man purse) at parties and I had my bucket with my drink in it. Power couple!
- I was battling strep, but we still headed to Kansas City for Theta Xi’s formal. I had to keep drugging up on antibiotics, but it was well worth it! Such a fun night!
- Kingpin date paty. We were rocking the hippie look!
- We visited my brother in Winter Park one spring break. I got the honor (daunting task is more like it!) of teaching Travis how to ski. I still don’t understand how he never mastered the art of pizza-ing.
- Travis’s graduation led to a job offer…to stay in Manhattan! Woohoo for never leaving the college town! Manhappiness is a dream place to live!
- This is an obvious favorite! Our engagement (January 2015) at the Oz Winery. Travis knew me well to propose with wine. 😉
- Since we knew we would be staying in Manhattan, we began the house hunt. In about a month’s time, we probably looked at around thirty houses, trying to find the perfect one. This house sold us on the backyard (Though it’s still in town, the yard has that open, country feel).
- My graduation the following May meant we were one step closer to getting married! I had accepted a job teaching in Wamego, which was perfect!
- Engagement pictures were so fun to take. It still hadn’t sunk in that we were really getting married.
- We lucked out and got a beautiful day for our wedding in mid-November. I wish I could relive that day over and over. (Thanks to our wedding dvd, we kind of can. I’m going to pop that baby in tonight and make Travis rewatch it with me. 🙂 ).
- Our honeymoon over Thanksgiving in beautiful Turks and Caicos was dreamy. I love traveling with Travis. I’m super uptight, and he is go with the flow, relaxed. He balances me out!
- We took a day off from work for our first anniversary, and we spent the day goofing around in Kansas City. We bought a treadmill as our gift. (For better or for worse, unless we get fat. I kid, I kid.) 😉
- Perhaps our favorite memory yet was our trip to Bar Harbor, Maine this past June. Hiking, seafood, and everything nautical. We were content. 🙂
Is anyone still reading? If so, I commend you. I wasn’t going to include so many pictures, but after I started going through old photos, it was incredibly hard to narrow it down. How does one narrow down the past nine years into just a few pictures?
Travis, boober, you are one of kind. I am thankful everyday that we get to do life together. I can’t wait to see where the next two years (and beyond!) take us! Love you!
We are celebrating today with a nice dinner at home (lasagna and cake!) and are both taking Friday off to spend the day together, eat out, and shop. Last year, we took the day off as well and went shopping in Kansas City. We even knocked out some Christmas shopping together. I’m thinking this is going to be our anniversary tradition. 🙂
Have a super day!
Question of the Day: How did you know that your spouse was the one? OR What will your dream wedding be like?