Happy 4th of July! Hope you enjoy the day with family and friends celebrating America!
Today, I have a delicious grilled chicken recipe for you. It is my go-to easy dinner recipe, and I always make sure I have the ingredients on hand for a quick meal!
My mom found the recipe from Taste of Home many years ago. You can see the full recipe on their website here. I usually half the recipe since it’s just Travis and I eating.
We love to serve it with rice and either grilled vegetables or a salad!
Huli Huli Chicken
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tsp. minced gingerroot
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1 1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Lightly coat grill with cooking oil.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes per side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
Question of the Day: What is your favorite recipe to grill?