Happy Friday! This week has flown by!
My mom came down in the middle of the week to help me paint my upstairs guest bathroom and to do a little goofing off! We also bought mint plants and made mojitos and since then I’ve been putting mint in my water and trying to find allllll the mint recipes. It’s so refreshing!
I know I said yesterday that it was my last daily recap of Maine. And I know, this week has been Maine overkill already, so… I thought I’d make a full week out of it and do one last one today. 🙂
Also, I forgot to mention in my other posts the easiest way to say “Bar Harbor” and sound like you’re from the East coast: “Baa Ha Ba.”
We saw so many shirts that had sheep on them and said that. Too funny!
Today, I’m sharing (and linking) some of our favorite things that we did and places we ate in Bar Harbor, Maine should you ever want to go there (as it should be on everyone’s bucket list!!). 😉
*These are in no specific order. Also, I realize that our trip was fairly short and we missed out on many other great activities and restaurants. I am just basing this list on what we experienced.
A * denotes items that are in downtown Bar Harbor.
Things to Do
- Hike Acadia National Park
- Visit Sand Beach
- Hike Schooner Head Trail to get there
- Take Compass Harbor Trail to see Dorr Farm Estate Ruins
- Visit Thunder Hole
- Walk the Shore Path*
- Walk to Bar Island (during LOW tide- don’t get stranded!)*
- Do the Lulu Lobster Boat Tour (2 hours long)- Reserve tickets in advance because they sell out quickly!*
- Pop into the many shops downtown*
- Fly in on Cape Air to Bar Harbor Airport, if you have the option. The small plane adds to the island feel!
Places to Eat
- Stay at The Holland Inn and enjoy the delicious breakfasts by Evin
- Downeast Deli*
- Ben & Bill’s Chocolate Emporium-Try the lobster ice cream!*
- Stewman’s Lobster Pound*
- Jordan Pond House– Order a popover!
- The Thirsty Whale*
- Beer Works-Try an Atlantic Brewing Company beer, made in Bar Harbor*
- Finback Alehouse*
Hope this list helps if you have any interest in visiting Bar Harbor, Maine! 🙂
Have a super weekend!
Question of the Day: Any special Father’s Day plans this weekend?