Happy Hump Day! I just realized that I said (about a month ago- oops!) that I would share the pumpkin spice popcorn I made for my coworker’s baby shower, and I never did! The last few months of the school year feel like I’m being dragged along to the finish line. 😉
This recipe has been a crowd pleaser both times I’ve made it. I know that pumpkin spice is usually a fall thing, but in my opinion, it shouldn’t just be limited to one season. Plus, the weather has felt like it’s fall lately, so there. 😉
Be warned though, this stuff is rich. The pumpkin spice flavor is not over-the-top either; it just adds something different! It’s like caramel corn’s dramatic, sassy, older sister. 😉 It makes a lot too and keeps well for about a week (if it’s not all eaten before then!).
I got the recipe from Cookies and Cups blog (via Pinterest, of course!). You can go there to see the full recipe and better pictures than I could ever take!
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn*
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Pop popcorn and put into several large bowls.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon sea salt over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 4 minutes, without stirring.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour caramel over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Pour popcorn into a lined pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1 teaspoon sea salt on top and put in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow popcorn to cool on parchment lined counter.
*Note- I always go easy and just pop two bags of lightly buttered microwave popcorn.
Question of the Day: What is your favorite “pumpkin-spice” flavored sweet?